Friday, February 16, 2007

Two Pounds of Words

So we're off to probably the only cabin in Tahoe without internet access, so no blogging for a couple of days. Also, no obsessive email checking, no blog perusing and no Friday version of Brotherhood 2.0. The car is loaded with CD books from Alexander McCall Smith, David Sedaris and of course, the CD of From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (probably my favorite kid book ever).

I actually printed out the entire 200 pages of Armadillo because some friends we're going with wanted to read it. It had been awhile since I'd seen it in the flesh and it's pretty hefty. So much is done by email and electronically now that you don't often see a big stack of your words. On the one hand it's cool. On the other, you feel bad for the trees.

DH and I took about 57 photos yesterday and I'm fairly pleased with the result. Will update you later on that when I've recovered.

Have a great holiday weekend!

On this date: In 1923, King Tut's tomb was opened.

No comments: