Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pick My Face

Okay. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna post the two top choices for the author photo and let you pick. I really like choice #1, but there is a bit of glasses-glare that I'm not sure we can get rid of. I tried taking a couple without the glasses, but I've been wearing them so long it didn't look like me .



DH did a good job, even if he didn't make me look 20 years younger.

We had a great ski weekend and much was learned. K and J learned that you are supposed to cook gringo taco shells before you serve them. (I like these, but they always taste so stale.) JF learned that poker with four women and an unlimited supply of strawberry margaritas can quickly get out of hand. B learned that a house gets smaller when three boys stay there. And I learned how important it is to have quality long-term friends.

I'm not going to comment about the controversy over the Newbery Award winner The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (if you don't know what I'm talking about, you can check out http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6416737.html?nid=2788
except to say that I hope her sales soar because of the controversy. My bud CTB made the great comment that we don't need Newbery Award winning books to corrupt our kids; we have reality TV for that. Please.

On this date: In 1985, Ireland allows the sale of contraceptives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three votes for picture number one... R,J, and I all like it better, even with the glare. I like your recap of the weekend... Good recap.
J

Natalie said...

What great pictures, and what a beautiful smile you have! I'd say to go for the first one, only because it's lighter and closer up, but you really can't lose either way.

:-) Natalie