Friday, April 6, 2007

Getting a Jump On It

Spring Break starts today. Okay, technically it starts on Monday but for all intents and purposes, today's the day. I'm trying to relax and go with the flow and just let the week happen. Yeah, that worked for about a minute and then I had the calendar spread out on the kitchen table panicking about what to do with the kids over the summer.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with the kids and doing all of the cool stuff that we can't do when they're in school. We go to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and down to the beach. We swim at the "fake lake" and take the train to San Francisco (this year we WILL go to Alcatraz like we say we will every year). It's just that we have 81 empty days staring us in the face and I know the choruses of "I'm bored" will likely start on day 2. So far we've penciled in Camp Potawasomethingorother for a week in June and skateboard camp for a week in July. The kids and I are going to Texas in the middle of July (yeah, I know that is insane weather-wise, but baseball all-stars is bumping the trip forward) and our annual 40 person camping trip will happen at the beginning of August. J has become slightly obsessed with California history - he tends to get on a tangent and run with it - so I think we're going to schedule a small roadtrip sometime in there to visit 4 or 5 California missions. That leaves 59 days free. Yikes.

If you haven't scheduled your summer activities yet, what are you waiting for? It's already April 6th!!

On this date: In 1896 the first modern Olympic games began.

5 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Are you trying to give me a nervous breakdown?

CJ Omololu said...

Just trying to share mine.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Thanks. That was the little kick in the behind I needed. I hate planning camp stuff (probably because I'm cheap).

happy Easter.
Linda

Disco Mermaids said...

If you visit the mission in SLO, let us know and maybe we could all meet for lunch!

- Jay

CJ Omololu said...

It's on the agenda and I am so coming for lunch!