Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rotten

I've finally figured it out - I'm spoiled. For over a year, all I wanted was to make enough money writing so that I didn't have to go work at another job. Now I finally do. I've been writing about 20 short articles a month for a womens website which is providing enough of an income so that I get to stay home and type away. And I'm still not satisfied. It's a lot of work. Not to mention the time it takes away from the fun writing.

So I've updated my goals. Now, I want to be able to write fiction all of the time. Except for the effort involved in planting the butt in the chair, writing fiction isn't work - it's play. Now it's just a question of how long it's going to take to get this done too.

Poor DH just rolls his eyes and keeps quiet. He knows me too well.

On this date: In 1957 Jack Kerouac's On the Road is published.

1 comment:

Miss Awesome said...

Ha ha. I laugh becuase it's like we're in parallel universes here. I just wanted to get enough business to be able to support myself and my son. This year I've been lucky enough to do that with graphic design and photography but I was just saying to myself "But what about the writing and illustrating? That's what I really want to do. But I'm so busy with other business, I have no time to pursue my true passion." So I've updated my goals too, to go after that side of my career too.

Good luck to us both :)