Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ahem...Research

I'm sitting here watching a documentary on TV. It happens to be on a subject that I'm thinking of tackling for my next book and it's fascinating. No, I know I'm not done with my current WIP, but you always have to be looking ahead. And yes, I'm forbidden to do any actual work on it until I have the current manuscript to Agent E.

When I saw that this show was going to be on, I got almost giddy. Both because it was a chance to learn about a really interesting subject, and because it was like a sign from the universe that I'm on the right track with the next piece because it's an unusual subject, and there it was! Right on my TV. One of the people in this documentary is definitely going to be the model for the character in the book. It's so helpful when you can actually picture a person when you're writing. Too cool. I can't wait.

On this date: In 1960, Chubby Checker's The Twist hit number one.

1 comment:

Miss Awesome said...

Are you writing a book about dwarfs? Because I just saw a really awesome documentary on dwarfs.

:)-

It's hard having to finish one thing before starting another isn't it? I can never wait. I have a dozen started projects and they all sort of get finished around the same time.