Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pitfalls (and Benefits) of Working From Home

Many of you know that I've been writing freelance web articles for awhile now. You can't find them under my name because I don't write web content under my name. The pen name for my web-based alter ego is Kat DeLong. You can google it and find some of the stuff I've done recently (no, I'm not the realtor in the Sierras), mainly for www.inrepose.com, www.familylobby.com and www.lifescript.com.

I mention this because today T was home with a bad sore throat (better now, thanks). I had two more quizzes to finish under deadline, so he was left to watch cartoons while I worked. I was writing a quiz on working from home, when I realized that if I took it, I'd probably fail. I didn't have alternate childcare for days that I had to work, I did miss the social interaction of an office (sometimes), and I was (gulp) working at the dining room table. But, in the end, I finished my work, and T was able to stay home when he didn't feel well, which is really the point when you think about it.

I have to go watch cartoons now. I wonder if he'll let me watch Hannah Montana with him later.

On this date: In 1997, I got married! Happy 10th Anniversary B!