Thursday, August 30, 2007

Who's On First (Person)

Well, I'm cranking right along with the YA rewrite, I've done 30 pages in two days and now am up to page 59. Which is great. Except the rewrite goes up to page 147. Sigh. I'm one of those people who usually loves to revise - it's so nice to actually have something on the paper to work with rather than sitting at a blank screen hoping that the video in your head will play so that you can write down what happens.

Now I've got a problem with this rewrite. I'm bored. I'm not bored with the story - I'm actually quite pleased at how it's turning out - but I'm bored with rewriting it from third person to first. I'm not finding too much to actually change other than that, so my eyes start crossing after about an hour and I have to set the timer and go do something else for ten minutes. Sweeping the floor is good because then it looks like you actually did something.

I'm going to come back and read this post in about a week, when I'm back into the heart of the story and panicking because I don't know what comes next.

On this date: In 1967, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American Supreme Court Justice.

No comments: