Friday, May 4, 2007

Rererewriting

Rerevising? Unrevising? Disrevising? Well, whatever you call it, I'm at it again. Agent E felt that the changes I made weren't what the novel needed, so I'm rolling up my sleeves and am at it again because basically, she's usually right. I'm putting the storyline that I eliminated back in (which is making DH happy because he didn't want me to cut it), but tweaking it in other places to address the comments that have come across my desk.

Whenever I get news that isn't what I want to hear, I get the suck-monster following me around for just about a day. This is the little voice that all writers have that tells you how badly you write and that you'll never amount to anything and might as well delete all files related to this particular story and go and get a real J-O-B. Thankfully, he usually goes and visits some other lucky writer by morning and I can get on with what I need to do. So now I am.

On this date: In 1970, National Guard troops kill 4 protesters at Kent State.

3 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

The suck monster lives at my house. I just let you borrow him from time to time.

I hope your new revisions work out. :)

Kelly said...

Keep on writing, Cyn! I know you can do it :)

CJ Omololu said...

Thanks guys. Only 150 pages to go!