Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rant: Tear Off The Covers!

This is probably under the heading of more-than-you-wanted-to-know, but every night before I go to bed I read magazines in the bathtub. Nothing scandalous, but along the lines of Oprah and Real Simple. Anyway, I'm noticing a trend that is driving me insane. For the past year or so, magazine publishers have been making the front covers of magazines bi-fold so that the minute I open it, the front flap pops open and gets dunked in the water so that I have to tear it off in anger and toss the soggy ball of paper in the direction of the waste basket. Every time. Whatever marketing genius came up with this practice should be strung up with dental floss and forced to read nothing but celebrity picture books for a month. The ones by Madonna and the zebra one from that guy on the men's makover show will be in heavy rotation.

On this date: In 1899 the first speeding ticket was issued.

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

uh, after a year ... don't you think it would be a good idea to just open your magazines a different way? You're a little bit like the cat who keeps going for the wasp nest. It knows what's going to happen, but keeps on batting at it anyway.

:D

CJ Omololu said...

I guess it's my futile hope that publishers will hear my outrage and stop irritating me. Plus, I forget.