I've decided that waiting for a manuscript to sell is a lot like being 10 months pregnant:
* You know that something is going to happen, but you don't know exactly what kind of baby you're going to have or when.
* You overanalyze every little twinge - is this it?
* You get so tired of everyone asking why it hasn't happened yet.
* Unbecoming thoughts enter your head when you see other authors and their brand-new book babies while you're still lumbering along.
* Your mind is always elsewhere, no matter how much you try to be present.
* You picture your book baby in your head constantly.
* You have an excuse for being short with family members.
* Your ankles swell.
Okay, maybe that last one is just me.
On this date: In 1969, Star Trek's last episode airs.