Thursday, September 18, 2008

Character Soundtracks

For my last book, fabbo Agent E sent me Priscilla Ahn's entire album which helped set the mood for the character. That character had a lot of issues going on and I love listening to the music and think about what she would do in a situation and where she would go.

For the next book I'm about to start (I am about to start actually writing it, I promise), one of the secondary characters picked her own themesong. It's Pink's new one So What. This kid is quite the bada**, and this is the perfect song for her as she rails not against a boyfriend but about all of the people who have let her down in life (and theyr've been a lot). Trouble is, I listen to it so much I can't get it out of my head. Good thing I like it, because it's playing in an endless loop 24 hours a day.

On this date: In 1970, Jimi Hendrix died.

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

I watched the E! True Hollywood Story of Pink one day. And now I loooooove her. And that song rocks.

Can't wait to hear more about this new book!

-Robin

CJ Omololu said...

The E! True Hollywood Story can make Pamela Anderson look good, but I agree Pink totally rocks!