Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

That's right - it's the first day of school! I love my kids, but as I'm trying to get my work life in order, I'm craving structure and pattern and breathed a huge sigh of relief this morning as everyone went of to their assigned schools and jobs. The house is quiet, and if I pick up a room, it will stay picked up for the majority of the day. The back door isn't slamming every 45 seconds and no child is coming up to me and whining that there is nothing to eat.

Of course, being that one was going to the first day of middle school and one was now in third grade, I was not allowed to make a fuss or take pictures. Because of that, I had to content myself with looking at photos of past first days. Here is the first day from 2002, when they were going to Kindergarten and Preschool respectively:



Hard to believe we've come so far so fast. I miss that Thomas the Train backpack. Yikes.

Now I just have to get a job...

On this date: In 1963, Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech at the march on Washington.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

They're adorable...

My son will be 21 years old in October and I can't figure out where time went...after seeing your picture I had to pull out some of his old school pics...sniff...sniff...

I wonder how come they keep getting older and we stay the same age year after year...grin...

Kimbra Kasch said...

My oldest will be 24 on September 7th - I can't believe it!
As Mary Engelbreit says, "Time flies whether you having fun or not."