Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Fifty Dollar 'Fros

We're up in the pristine Sierras, enjoying the pine-scented forest and crystal clear Lake Tahoe.



What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Tahoe? That's right - retro skate night! The good thing about vacationing with my BFF Karen is that she forces us to do things that we wouldn't ordinarily do. Like dress up in 70's garb and go roller skating at one of the ski resorts. The boys looked great:


Turns out there was some stiff competition.



But out of all of the crazy retro skaters, the boys walked away with the $50 grand prize (not to mention the $30 dinner certificate and the $1 some guy threw at them).



I'm so proud!

On this date: In 1945, Steve Martin is born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Taemon and Jaron that Portia, Jaliya and Sylvie loved the photos!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. What 70's garb? They just look disco groovy to me! I'm inspired. Maybe on the first day of school...could I borrow Jaron's shirt?