In addition to the usual Thanksgiving items (wonderful family, amazing kids, nice roof over our heads), as a writer I have additional things to be thankful for. Here are some, in no particular order:
1. Agent E who doesn't mind (much) soul-searching emails that require occasional hand-holding.
3. The Internet. How did anyone ever research without it?
4. Clarion Books, who bought my first PB pretty quickly. If they hadn't, I probably would have quit long ago.
5. Critique groups, both past and present, who value honesty over niceness.
6. Writing friends who "get it". All of "it".
7. That I'm a night owl. This way I can be assured of a few uninterrupted hours every day to write.
8. That DH is becoming a morning person. See above.
9. Hot baths on a cold night.
10. Verla Kay's Blue Board
11. In and Out Burger. Okay, I would be thankful for In and Out no matter what.
12. Karen English who encouraged me when my writing was crap.
13. Miss Snark. RIP.
15. The typing class I took in 8th grade.
Feel free to add your own - I'm sure I missed some.
On this date: In 1936, the first issue of Life Magazine is published.