Monday, July 30, 2007

Day Camp Diary

Three cheers for day camp! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!
After an 8:30 drop off, I spent a blissful three hours (after mopping the floor and two loads of laundry) with my YA WIP. Rather than pick up where I left off, I've been taking the words of my crit group to heart and am revising from the beginning. It seems that this is the way I write - I plow through the first half of the book, get some critiques on that part, go back and revise the first part and then continue on, finish the book and start the revision process all over. It is less like sculpting a great work of art and more like punching and molding a pile of pizza dough until it resembles the shape you want it to be. Right now, it is looking a lot like a bust of Homer Simpson, but we're getting there.

On this date: In 2003, the last "classic" VW Bug rolled off the line.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see the changes, Cyn! And since the original was waaaaay past the Homer Simpson stage, I'm sure the present version is nearing the Brad-Pitt stage. :-)