Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blurbage



So we're at that point with Dirty Little Secrets where my editor and I are kicking around a "wish list" of writers we would love to "blurb" the book. A blurb is that little sentence or two that appears on the jacket of a book telling you how great the book is and why you should pick it up. When I was asked for my wish list of authors to blurb the book, I aimed high and I could almost hear MK laughing and rolling her eyes when she opened the email.

There are questions out there about whether a blurb can push someone to pick up a book. Can a few nice things said by an author one admires push you to buy a book you might have otherwise left on the shelf? Dunno, but how wicked cool would it be to see the name of an author you really admire on the book jacket telling the world that your book doesn't stink ? One can only cross fingers and hope...

On this date: In 1970, the first Earth Day was celebrated.

No comments: