Saturday, July 19, 2008

On Our Way

DH and I are on our way here:


Okay, not exactly here, but someplace just like it. We're taking our honeymoon 11 years late, and I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

Contrary to what all of my friends said, I'm taking the laptop. Now stop shouting, I have my reasons. I'm putting the final spit and polish on the YA before it goes out to new editors and with all of the down time we're going to have over the next week I figure I can really get into it. (Get your minds out of the gutter people, you know what I mean.) Without any of the usual distractions, I should be able to do a final edit so that we can get it out there. Plus, revising isn't really work work. Not like writing an article on karmic retribution or something. Revising is more like going on a journey of discovery to see if your characters want to tell you anything new.

See you soon!

On this date: In 1966, Mia Farrow married Frank Sinatra.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Enjoy your Honeymoon!!!

If your hubby is like mine, buy him something electronic and he will spend a lot of time trying to figure it out and he won't even hear you cut on your laptop...grin...