Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Called Research...

And I love it! Tonight, I have to watch an early Johnny Depp movie in the name of research (the words 'have to' and 'Johnny Depp' shouldn't even be in the same sentence - 21 Jump Street anyone?),


and this morning I spent a half hour talking to a fireman (firefighter - what's pc in the fire world?) about starting fires rather than putting them out. I ran into him after dropping the kids off at daycamp and because his son is in the same grade as my son and we took a trip to his firestation back in kindergarten I knew he worked with/against fire. Which is lucky, because it would have been a little weird going down to the firestation and asking to talk to somebody about how to start a fire while making it look like an accident. I think they frown on things like that. But after our conversation ("Hey, aren't you John's dad? I'm T's mom.") he really liked the book idea and invited me down to the firestation next week to talk to some of the guys about it. Fun and different.

I think I need to write a book about chocolate next.




Or a book set on a tropical island.


Or about a mom who runs away during summer break...

On this date: In 1979, Skylab crashed to earth.

Thanks to flickrers: hidako, gorbalsbhoy, mirage and Paula Marina

No comments: