Thursday, January 3, 2008

The First Step...

Youngest son T spends probably as much time upside down as right side up. He's taught himself to do backflips, and no-handed backflips both on the ground and off every available horozontal surface. In order to properly curb this crazy habit, I took him to a circus school today to try out.



Well, they loved him there and really want him to be in the troupe. It's taught by a guy who used to be in Cirque du Soliel (and has the same very unusual first name as my oldest son, which is weird) and is very serious about his acrobatics and theatrical abilities. Being in the troupe requires about 12 hours a week of practice time, so for the moment I compromised with three hours a week of practice time and not being in the troupe right now. I mean, come on, he's seven. T is really excited about the whole thing, so I do see the troupe in our future. As the gym is about 20 minutes away, I'm going to use the hours have to sit there as writing time - I should be getting a lot done in the near future.

On this date: In 1965, my DH was born. Happy Birthday honey!

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Your son is my hero! Those are awesome pics.

- Jay

CJ Omololu said...

The coach said, "He's sure got the whole anti-gravity thing down."