Saturday, August 4, 2007

Shower Epiphanies Part Deux

Jay over at Discomermaids was talking about shower epiphanies the other day. Maybe it was his post, or maybe I was just bored, but I had one this morning in between the rinse and repeat.

I think I've gotten a handle on the first sentence of my YA. I always love great opening lines and want one to encompass the entire theme. I'm also going to rewrite it in first person (at least the first couple of chapters) to see if it brings me closer to the character. I still haven't gotten Lexi out of jail, but I think I know what is going to happen in the next couple of sentences, so that's a start.

J is yelling at me to go an play Mancala, so I have to jet. We've been listening to Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin from the Shrek soundtrack (I can't listen to it without weeping), so I'm trying to be more in the moment.

On this date: In 1892, Lizzie Borden's parents are found dead in their house.

No comments: