Monday, August 23, 2010

DIRTY SECRET: A Memoir



About a month ago I bumped into an upcoming memoir called DIRTY SECRET: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding by Jessie Sholl. That led to some emails between the two of us and finally an interview that she has just posted on her blog with your's truly.

While I think my DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS is a good and accurate portrayal of what growing up in a hoarded home would be like, it is a work of fiction. I've always hoped that someone would be able to write a memoir about their life in a hoarded home and Jessie has done just that. Not only can she give a first person spin on the subject, but she's a professional writer as well, so I'm sure it will be a great read. Jessie's DIRTY SECRET comes out in December and I can't wait to read it. We're both hoping that any name confusion will end up benefiting us both. Looking for that fictional book about hoarding? Here, try this memoir as well!

On this date: In 1970, Lou Reed played his last show with The Velvet Underground.

No comments: