Monday, November 3, 2008

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Agent E sent me my contract on Friday and I had the pleasure of signing it and sending it off today - all 12 pages of it! It makes it even more real to be the "author" of "the work" named herein over and over again. I made a comment about a part of it to Agent E and she laughed and said "You read it?" "Of course I read it," I told her, but the part I didn't tell her was that I only read it to see how many author copies I was going to get. Let's just say that unless you are an immediate family member or someone I owe a lot of money to, you're going to have to buy your own. I'll sign it for you though...



One thing that came to mind as I waded through the publishing legalease was how grateful I was to have an agent. She had made several changes in earlier versions that would never have occurred to me (actually I didn't even understand them, so I wouldn't have known about what I didn't know about).

If any of you out there are wondering if you really need an agent, answer is unequivocally YES!

On this date: In 1956, The Wizard of Oz debuted on TV.

3 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Woohoo! Does it feel *real* now?

:-)

Robin

CJ Omololu said...

Not yet! In the gestation period that is publishing, I feel like I just had a sonogram and they told me it's going to be a teenager.

Angela said...

wooo - hooo.

I'll buy and take you up on the signature!!!