Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Someday

I have a blogroll that I visit pretty much every day. One of my very favorite author blogs is Lisa Yee's . She wrote:

that I read and loved. And this:



that I'm reading and loving, as well as several other books that I haven't gotten around to yet. Her blog has a great balance of a little bit of personal with a great inside peek at the life of a writer that is interesting to other writers as well as readers. When I finally have more writer stuff to talk about, I'll take a few pages from Lisa's blog and try to achieve the same balance. I've never met her, but I know Jay Asher who knows her, so we're like writer buddies once removed. I imagine she's cool.

One of the best things about having an agent (or at least having Agent E as an agent) is that she always believes in what I'm doing. We were talking yesterday and I made a comment about a topic that I wanted to speak about at a writer's conference someday. I said that I was going to talk about possibilities and the big "What If" in writing if I ever got to speak somewhere. She interrupted me and said, "Not if. When." And that's why she gets the big money.

It's still a little too early to start revising yet, but the characters are already coming up with their own ideas. I sat up in bed late last night scribbling away in my notebook because Lucy had some ideas about the ending and a few scenes with her big love interest. I like it when they throw stuff at me so that I don't have to do all the work.

On this date: In 1956, Elvis debuted in Vegas. Viva.

No comments: