Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Are We Done Yet?

Can we officially declare the holiday season caput?Finito? Over? I've been done with them for awhile now (although I waited until Dec. 27th to deChristmify), and I'm hoping that the rest of the world is now caught up. I see some of my favorite blogs sputtering back to life, so that is a good sign. The kids go back to school on Monday, so that is truly the end of the end.

I'm totally into Donald Maas' Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook (which should really be titled Revising the Breakout Novel, because if you don't have it already written it won't help you so much, but whatever). It gives you a lot of things to think about when you are putting your characters together. I still have to finish the YA (at 37k and counting), then go through it with the workbook, then go through it with my crit group, THEN give it to the experts that I've been working with on my subject matter. With any luck at all, Agent E will get it before the kids get out of school for the summer. Kidding. Maybe sooner.

On this date: In 1979, Sid Vicious went on trial for murder.

No comments: