Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How Do You Say That?

Omololu is not the last name I grew up with. In fact, it took me a little while to learn how to say it correctly. Want to hear me do it? Check out the pronunciation guide at Teaching Books. While you're there, check out Maggie Steifvater, Jon Scieszka and Rick Riordan among others - not only do you get to hear how their names are pronounced, but how they sound as well. Warning - you may find yourself spending a large amount of time here.

On this date: In 1904, the New York City subway opened.

2 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I grew up with a complicated maiden name and can relate!

Ishta Mercurio said...

COOL! Thanks for this link! (No-one can pronounce my name, either, but after 32 years, I'm okay with it as long as they're close.)