Monday, March 16, 2009

The Name Game, Part II



Got an email from my lovely editor today that all systems are go, the revisions are good and it's off to copyediting for the next couple of weeks (there was a part of the email that included the words "chomping at the bit" - how much do I love that!). Now we're talking about sales meetings, covers, acknowledgments and all of that stuff that makes it more real.

One of the final things I have to decide is what name I'm going to publish my YA under. (Those of you who have been here before may want to skip down to the "On this date" portion of our program.) The picture books are coming out with all three veerrry looonngg names: Cynthia Jaynes Omololu. For a bunch of reasons (hand cramps being one of them), I'm thinking of publishing the young adult books under C.J. Omololu. Still obviously the same person if you think about it, but just a little different...a tiny bit edgier maybe? I like the whole "C.J." part - gender neutral, yet my actual name.

C.J. Omololu - look for it at a bookstore near you next February!

On this date: In 1964, the Beatle's Can't Buy Me Love is released.

No comments: