Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tivo'd


I love Tivo. I originally got it for my hubby as a gift, but it has become my best friend. I tend to work from about 8-midnight or so, and I would miss all of my shows (CSI:Vegas - Miami and NY are cheap imitations, What Not to Wear and endless reruns of Two and a Half Men) if it weren't for the bedoop bedoop magic of the Tivo.


As we were bedooping through the commercials last night, I started to wonder if they still impregnated their message on your brain. Just because they are going by at lightening speed, doesn't mean we aren't taking them in. Even though I only sat through seven seconds of a thirty-second commercial, did the message still take? Do you have to actually look away from the thing not to be affected in your subconscious?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

On this date: In 1928, An American in Paris debuted.

No comments: