Thursday, April 17, 2008

One &*%$(& Crazy Week

It has been quite a week and it's not over yet.

No real news on the book - we still have interest and a few publishers are taking it to the next level which is exciting, but a little more hurry up and wait. I'm finding it hard to focus on any other writing right now because I'm not sure when this book is going to come back and need some more loving attention. The subject matter is so difficult that I'm sure whoever gets it is going to have their own take on the whole thing and I don't want to be in the middle of something new while I'm revising this one. At least, that's my excuse.

On top of all the book emails flying back and forth, the Big Hairy Dog decided to eat garbage and get peritonitis. On Sunday. I don't know how many of you are familiar with overnight vet bills that happen on a weekend but cha-ching.

Then yesterday, J tries to catch a fast pitch with his face at his baseball game, so today we spent the entire morning at the dentist and orthodontist x-raying the place where his tooth used to be and putting his braces back together. It was a baby tooth, but it came out with all of the roots attached so it had extra eeewww factor. That plus the swelling and huge bruise on his lip played on my sympathy so I let him stay home for the rest of the day. And he is now the proud owner of a new mouthguard.

While we were at the vet on Sunday, someone dropped off a couple of teeny kittens - it must have had something to do with last week's post about kitten glop. The vet knew that we fostered babies, and asked if I wanted to take them. The alternative for the little guys wasn't pleasant, so of course we came home with them. Their eyes opened yesterday and they are eating like little piggies. Anyone want two grey tabbys in about a month? Don't tell DH because I haven't told him yet. Did I mention that he has been gone all week? Yep, hol'd up back east on a business trip during all the crazy shinanagins. I need my own business trip. I think there is a spa involved.

On this date: In 1937, Daffy Duck debuted.

1 comment:

Miss Awesome said...

I recently adopted an 11 year old cat. Whoo really should have thought that through a little more, she's kind of a bitch. But that's also one of my favorite things about her :)-.

Didn't tell the man either, just let him find her when he came in and tried to get a dish out of the cabinet she was hiding in. Heheheee...