Friday, April 4, 2008

Fast Forward Two Weeks

WHAT? I'M SORRY, WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE FLOOR SANDER!

It is sooooo loud here the past two days I can barely hear myself think. The floor is going in as we speak and then it's just a matter of putting everything back together starting Thursday of next week. See:








I sent the revisions for the YA off to Agent E this afternoon, so now I just sit and wait with fingers crossed. It was actually not very hard to revise - the whole thing really seemed to write itself - and I got done even more quickly than I'd said. Hopefully, things will move on it pretty quickly and I'll know soon what's going to happen. DH was saying last night that he just wants to fast-forward a couple of weeks so that the kitchen will be done and the book will be on its way.

I was thinking the other day that one of the best things about writing is that every day brings a new opportunity for a surprise. You never know when you get up if this is the day that you will get a phone call from your agent saying that the book has sold, or from your editor saying that the picture book is finally going to be on next spring's list. I don't think I can ever quit writing or submitting, because then I'd miss the excitement. Granted, most days don't bring a surprise like that, but it only takes one to change everything.

On this date: In 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated.

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

The kitchen looks awesome! Love those floors.

And I hope Agent E gives you a green light on those revisions. Can't wait to hear more about it.

-Robin

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Wow! Fantastic! Makes me want a new kitchen.