Monday, March 10, 2008

Into the World

So far, some of my crit partners have seen the new YA, but there are a couple of readers that I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from. The new book is based on a particular psychiatric disorder and I've "met" a few people online who are grown children of parents who had it. They've really helped me with the details, and one even suggested the ending - which at first I was totally against, but in the end, she won me over. I've put a lot of effort into getting it right, and I can't wait to hear from them so they can tell me if I did or not. I'd tell you more about it but then I'd have to...you know.

On another topic entirely, T just had a birthday and wanted a drum set soooo bad. Well, in our teeny tiny house, that just isn't going to happen anytime soon. So we got the next best thing:

Yes, we are now the proud owners of Rock Band! I have to practice when they're not home so I can keep up and I will only work the microphone if the doors and windows are closed. Bring on the Ramones!

On this date: In 1926, the first Book-of-the-Month selection is published.

2 comments:

Miss Awesome said...

How did that hair grow back so quickly?!!!!!

CJ Omololu said...

I wish I knew! I'd bottle it. Both of them are starting to look a little Afro-y, but they don't want to cut it again.