Friday, November 23, 2007

A Kidlit Writer's Thanksgiving List

In addition to the usual Thanksgiving items (wonderful family, amazing kids, nice roof over our heads), as a writer I have additional things to be thankful for. Here are some, in no particular order:

1. Agent E who doesn't mind (much) soul-searching emails that require occasional hand-holding.
2. Computers.
3. The Internet. How did anyone ever research without it?
4. Clarion Books, who bought my first PB pretty quickly. If they hadn't, I probably would have quit long ago.
5. Critique groups, both past and present, who value honesty over niceness.
6. Writing friends who "get it". All of "it".
7. That I'm a night owl. This way I can be assured of a few uninterrupted hours every day to write.
8. That DH is becoming a morning person. See above.
9. Hot baths on a cold night.
10. Verla Kay's Blue Board
11. In and Out Burger. Okay, I would be thankful for In and Out no matter what.
12. Karen English who encouraged me when my writing was crap.
13. Miss Snark. RIP.
14. Tivo.
15. The typing class I took in 8th grade.
16. Spellcheck.


Feel free to add your own - I'm sure I missed some.

On this date: In 1936, the first issue of Life Magazine is published.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I *heart* our critique group, too, and am thankful you're a part of it!