Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Retreat Mania!

I keep hearing about all of these great retreats and I'm crazy jealous. Big Sur in December, and another retreat in Marin around the same time. Both of these pose a problem with DH's travel schedule - December is notoriously wicked for business travel around here.

I'm thinking that I might stage my own retreat. Maybe in nice Ramada Inn somewhere near a strip mall that can keep me in submarine sandwiches and Cold Stone Sweet Cream and Reeses Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. No view, no shopping, no sights: nothing to distract me from writing. Okay, maybe a teeny tiny hot tub. I'm trying to finish the YA in the next few weeks, and I think that early November might be a good time for a hard round of revisions. The annual CynJay Revisions and Reeses Writer's Retreat. I'm liking it.

On this date: In 1967, Woodie Guthrie died.

3 comments:

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

That sounds like the perfect retreat!

(visiting from the Blue Boards...)

Alison Ashley Formento said...

I've been thinking/dreaming about this, too. Retreat for the head and the body. Chocolate is required.

CJ Omololu said...

We could all do it together! Chocolate, ice cream, and Jack In The Box tacos on the menu. No speakers, no crits, just open time and empty fat calories.

Thanks for stopping by!