Monday, September 10, 2007

Six Hours Isn't Enough!

I know I'm getting older because the days are getting shorter - much shorter.

I've finally figured out a workable schedule. Kids leave for school at 8am, I work on the freelance web stuff until noon (quick break in there for lunch and a dose of What Not To Wear), then fiction writing until 1:50 when T gets out. Yes, that doesn't leave much time for fiction, but I usually work on it again at night and when my freelance work is done a few days before deadline, then it's all fiction all the time.

The only problem in the mix is that sometimes I get so caught up I forget to stop and go and get T at school. Many days have seen me sprinting up the street to the school just a few minutes late. Luckily, he's used to it and just sits and waits. I've started setting the oven timer for 1:4o so that I have time to save my work and run out the door.

The good news is that I'm now up to page 113 in the YA first person rewrite. I left off at page 147 before I decided to change POV, which means that in just a few short days I'll be cranking out all new stuff. Exciting and scary at the same time.

On this date: In 1897, the first drunk driving arrest was made in London.

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I had that same problem with meeting the bus after school last year. Not fun. It makes you feel like such a lousy parent.

Miss Awesome said...

Whew I'm glad I'm not the only parent with the problem of the end of the school day. Last year I set the alarm on my computer but I have yet to do it this year.