Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Very Own Rewards Club

I'm spent. Wrecked. Fried. Totally exhausted. We all stayed up late last night to do the fireworky thing (as you must do once the kids get old enough to figure out what is what), then got up earlyish and spent the entire day at the waterslide park. It was about 105 degrees here today - which is pretty unusual for us - so the best place to be was sitting on the banks of the wave pool and waiting for it to be switched on. The thing about the super tall waterslides is that you have to climb something like a million stairs to get to them...so I felt that all that work deserved a cheeseburger and fries at In and Out Burger (those of you who don't have In and Out...those of us who do are observing a moment of silence) AND a sweet cream and Reeses ice cream from Coldstone (ditto on the ice cream) on the way home.

Although I really feel drawn to my MS tonight, it's just not going to happen. It's after 9pm, so I feel justified in crawling into bed with a book. Yawn.

Happy 4th (and 5th).

On this date: In 1946 the bikini is introduced.

4 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

In & Out Burger and Coldstone...mmmmmmmmm...

Robin

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Thanks.

Now I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Never tried an In and Out Burger, but I hear they're fantastic. *tear* ... When we finally got a Krispy Kreme up here I was foolish enough to hope there would be an In and Out Burger attached. Alas ... I'm stuck with just the donuts, which I can't bring myself to eat since it was temporarily closed down by the board of health last year. **shudder**

CJ Omololu said...

Krispy Kreme is overrated UNLESS they are warm. Then they are worth the hype.

In and Out is legendary and deservedly so.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I agree. They will never be as good as Tim Horton's.