Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back to Normal

We're all back now - most of the bags are unpacked and about half the laundry is done and that seems about right. Being with the boys 24/7 has made me long for a vacation from my vacation.

I recently took a break from kidlit and read a great book called If You Lived Here by Dana Sachs. It's a book about nothing and everything and even though there isn't so much in the way of plot the characters really draw you in. Every night I looked forward to picking the book up and getting reacquainted with the characters. I don't write kick-a** plots, but I'd love to write characters that resonate with people like these did me.

Reading this also made me realize that I need to rework my WIP in first person.

On this date: In 1929 Hunter S. Thompson is born.

No comments: