Monday, June 4, 2007

Special Delivery

Got a really cool surprise from Mr. UPS on Friday afternoon - the galleys of my PB Six O'clock in San Francisco. No, not the galleys with the art (hopefully around the end of July), but the galleys with the text all dropped in and official-looking. Now I just have to go over it with a fine-toothed comb, because catching mistakes is now or never. Thank goodness for proofreaders. I have to admit, when I opened the envelope and saw my name right under the title on the first page I got goosebumps. The kids were stoked to see their names in the dedication. I told them that there is still time to change that part if they act up. Nothing like the threat of pulling their 15 minutes of fame to get them to straighten out.

On this date: In 1989, the Tiananmen Square massacre.

5 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

That's awesome! I'm sure there's nothing like seeing your name in print for the first time.

Enjoy it!

:-)
Robin

Natalie said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see the final product!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Enjoy it all (including the ability to use blackmail for good behaviour!).

Linda D. (sbk) said...

How cool!

CJ Omololu said...

Thanks guys. It is pretty cool.