Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Write Stuff Good

I quit my very very part-time accountant job today. Mostly I quit because the kids are out of school for the summer, and it wasn't worth it to find daycare for them so that I could go to work for 5 hours - basically, I'd be paying to work. Partly I quit because I want to be a writer. Not an accountant/writer, or a teacher/writer or even a waitress/writer. Even though I only worked a few hours a week, I found myself resenting every minute. This was time that I couldn't spend writing.

I've got a lot riding on this summer. With the MG getting out there, along with a few other projects that we're shopping, things might really heat up. And then again it might not, but I can't let myself think that way. I just read an article last night about stay-at-home moms trying to reenter the workforce, and it wasn't pretty. I write stuff good, that's what I do ;) And I can't imagine doing anything else.

On this date: In 1970 "The Long and Winding Road" became the Beatles last No.1 hit.

1 comment:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I've been waiting for years to get all my kids in school full time so I can write, and now that my littlest is finally starting grade 1 in the fall, my dh had the nerve to suggest I get a job.

When I was done giving him the death stare, I said, "nope, I've already got a job. It just doesn't pay."