Friday, May 11, 2007

We're Off

Q: So, Cynthia, you've finished rerevising your novel - whaddaya gonna do now?
A: Why, I'm going to Disneyland!

That's right, we're off to the happiest place on earth. I'm a big fan of California Screamin' the upside-down roller coaster but I won't do anything spinny or the Tower of Terror. I'm sorry, repeatedly dropping from great heights in a fake broken elevator isn't my idea of fun. I should know because my nephew conned me into going with him a couple of years ago. The sad thing is that I'm almost as excited as the kids - and the thought of spending Mother's Day Disney-style isn't daunting at all.

On this date: In 1981, Bob Marley died. (That one is for my DH)

3 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Are you kidding me? Tower of Terror is awesome! Rode it...got off...got back in line.

Be sure to do the Buzz Lightyear ride. I thought it was gonna be lame, but it was so much fun. Best of all, you can send the picture they take of you to your e-mail address then post it on your blog (not that I've done that, or anything).

- Jay

CJ Omololu said...

Okay Jay, YOU come and go on it with my seven year old. I'm out of Depends so there is no way I'm doing it again.

Buzz Lightyear is awesome but dangerous. The danger comes with my DH and I and our competitive natures. I must say though, that I am the reigning champion in our family.

Disco Mermaids said...

I'm glad you're going to Disneyland and all...but the reminder that today is the day Bob Marley died is just too sad!!

Waaahhhh!

-Robin

But have fun. Really!