Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hijacked

I've been hijacked by my main character. Dang teenagers! Just when I had decided to do just a minor tweaky revision of my original version of Armadillo, the MC decides that he doesn't want to do what I've written. What does he want to do? He wants to grab his backpack (containing a very important urn) and hop a Greyhound bus headed west. While this is a fine idea and all, it would involve much more rewriting than I had signed on for.

What to do?

On this date: In 1945 V-E is celebrated in America and Britain.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Maybe this is practice for when our kids become teenagers...we'll be so wise by then! (??)

Hmmmm...so to hop the Greyhound bus or to not hop the Greyhound bus. Could he hop the bus and have the trip cut short somehow and have to go back home? Maybe he loses the urn? That way, you wouldn't have to chronicle his trip half-way across the country, since that could be a book in and of itself. Have you asked Agent E if she has any thoughts?

CJ Omololu said...

Agent E does have some thoughts which she shared today. The beauty of writing is that you can encapsulate a 2k mile bus trip into three paragraphs. On to SF!