Monday, April 16, 2007

20 Years to Overnight Success

My new writer friend has made her agent choice and I think she really weighed her options and made a good decision. Who is it? Afraid I'm not at liberty to say...

But in our back and forth emails, I found out something interesting about this overnight success. Seems that even though this was her first kidlit conference and first contact with an editor (who subsequently offered her a contract, if you haven't been keeping up), she has been writing for 20 years and spend six years working on this book. Overnight successes are never what they're cracked up to be, which should make the rest of us feel good. In any case, the book sounds grand and I hope she does really really well. I'll give more info about her work when I'm allowed.

On this date: In 1943, LSD is discovered.

No comments: