Monday, July 26, 2010

An Afternoon with Maggie Stiefvater

I love author signings, particularly when they aren't my own. I get to sit back, get to know a little bit about an author I really like and then take home my own signed copy. Bonus points when there are actual teens in the audience who ask great questions.

I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater yesterday, author of BALLAD, LAMENT, SHIVER and now LINGER.


(That's me - the shiny one on the right.)

As a musician, artist and author Maggie puts the rest of us to shame (check out the trailer for LINGER if you don't believe me), but she was absolutely adorable in person.



Maggie is one of those people I "know" from the Internet. She's active on the Verla Kay Blueboards (If you want to write for kids and don't hang out over there, you should go now. Seriously.) and gave me some great career advice recently. Hopefully, someday soon I'll be able to tell her it all paid off!

On this date: In 1943, Mick Jagger was born.

PS - I'm going to speak at the BAYA (Bay Area Young Adult) Librarians meeting tomorrow in San Francisco. If you're a SF librarian, I hope to see you there!

PPS - I got a glimpse of the first real Lit Chicks post for Thursday. Be sure to come back then because it is awesome.

4 comments:

Julie_c said...

UG - I'm jealous! I loved Shiver so much I wrote her to tell her. I RARELY do that. And yes - the book trailer is amazing. I aspire to that level of awesomeness.

Mountain View Public Library said...

Hi, I'm one of those YA librarians from the BAYA meeting yesterday.

I really enjoyed meeting you and your presentation, and I really enjoyed reading your book.

I blogged about your book in my Teen Zone blog today, thought you might enjoy seeing it:

http://mvplteen.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Marie Richardson

CJ Omololu said...

Julie - your own brand of awesomeness is...well...just awesome!

Marie! Thanks so much for the comment and the blog post. I had a wonderful time at the meeting yesterday and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Cool! I met her last week, too! She's one of my favorite authors, in print and in person :)