Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bunch O' Stuff

When It's Six O'clock in San Francisco is doing really well out in the world - thanks so much to everyone who bought a copy! I know a few local indies who sold out and had to reorder, so I think that stint as PTA president came in handy in getting to know a lot of parents. You guys rock.

As most of you know, Dirty Little Secrets is coming out in February (did I mention that it's February and not April like I'd been thinking - February, put it on your calendars), and it's sort of a hoarding love-story. I'm no expert, but I did get pretty heavily immersed in the world of hoarding as I was writing it and it seems that the subject really does have legs. I've put it on here before, but the best hoarding film around is Cynthia Lester's My Mother's Garden:



Cynthia did such an amazing job and I have so much respect for the film - I have this recurring fear that she reads the book and gets angry with the way the story ends. Hope not.

In other TV news, A&E has been running a series called Obsessed, which deals with different cases of OCD - now they are going all the way: the new series Hoarders will premier on August 17th.

On this date: In 1962, Marilyn Monroe is found dead.

No comments: