Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Slipping

I've never been a fashionista - ask anyone who knows me. Even though What Not to Wear is one of my favorite shows, I almost always wear jeans and I never learned how to walk in heels. That said, I usually wear fairly nice jeans and try not to leave the house in ratty t-shirts. I figure my standard silver hoop earrings mean that I'm at least making an effort. Or at least I was.

Last week, I tried to take T to school in the sweats I wear around the house in the morning (it was an early day and I hadn't taken a shower yet - so sue me). Because we walk the three blocks to school, it's not like I can hide in a car, but I wasn't naked or anything. You'd think I was, from his reaction: Mooom, you can't go like THAT! So I changed into jeans just to make him happy.

I usually take the BHD for a mile-or-so walk in the morning, and yesterday I got busy and forgot to change out of my walking shoes and into my usual black boots. The minute I picked T up from school, he pointed to my tennies and asked what I was wearing on my feet with his nose all wrinkled up in disgust. They're not that bad, but I'll make it a point not to do it again.



I think Blackwell has found his replacement.

On this date: In 1954, Marilyn Monroe married Joe DiMaggio.

No comments: