Thursday, January 25, 2007

Peanut Butter and Chocolate

Well, yesterday was a pretty depressing day, and I didn't want to post depressing stuff, so I just didn't. We lost someone in our family who will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him. Even if not unexpected, even if at the end of a well-lived life, as J put it "that still stinks". Yes it does.

So, we're back today, still waiting for news on the MG that's out. Not that I'm obsessively checking my email or anything. Hold on a minute, something just came in....yeah, still waiting. Realistically, it's going to be early Feb. before we hear anything at all, but that can't stop a girl from checking in. I've only had an agent for oh, about 57 days or so and I try not to bug her, but sometimes we get into a quick back and forth email session that has nothing to do with business (or almost nothing). Today's ridiculous but fun exchange involved man-pants and video blogs. It made me realize how important it is to have an agent that not only knows what they're doing, but "gets" you as well. A lot of agents would roll their eyes and not want to be bothered, but it's nice to touch base in an informal way like that. The trying-to-get-an-agent phase can be just as difficult as the trying-to-get-a-publisher phase, but it's important to remember that you don't have to dance with everyone who asks.

Had a great dinner with my traitor best friend who recently up and moved over an hour away. The only bummer was that we went for ice cream and they had run out of peanut butter and chocolate. Come on, that's like running out of vanilla. Who runs out of peanut butter and chocolate? Of course I got something else, I'm not totally a stickler, but still.

Goodnight Grandpa Dave. We miss you.

On this date: In 1925, the first Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix, the French Alps.

1 comment:

k said...

I am not really a traitor - world class chocolate is pretty good! missya, love ya, k