Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Goldenrod Envelopes



Today I got another of the cherished goldenrod envelopes (everything from publishers seems to come in a goldenrod envelope). It contained the second-round revisions from my lovely editor MK. There aren't too many changes (I kept wanting to ask her if she was sure she didn't want to change more stuff), and I have until March 1st to do them (although I'm headed off to the fabulous conference/retreat at Asilomar on the 26th so it's going to have to be before then). After that it goes to copyediting and then to the printer. Yikes.

It's the final finality of it all that is terrifying. Once it's out of my hands I can't change things anymore. What if I wake up at 4:34 and think of the perfect scene for Chapter 12? What if there's a mistake? I once heard about an author who was still ing things when he went to readings - I believe it.

On this date: In 1974, Patty Hearst was kidnapped.

1 comment:

Robin Mellom said...

This is so exciting!!! And I wish I could be at the Asilomar conf. Have a blast!